Terms and Conditions
All services provided by Occupational Health Services Ltd (“OHS”) are subject to these Terms and Conditions except where otherwise agreed in writing.
- A booking will be deemed as knowledge and acceptance of our terms of business. All bookings must be confirmed in writing (email acceptable) acknowledging terms, fee and dates of service provision.
- It will be agreed in advance where work will be carried out e.g. by telephone, video call, at the OH Practitioners office, at the client site, or at any other agreed location.
- If less than three business days’ notice is given of a cancellation, or the employee does not attend, the full consultation fee will be charged. The full fee will also be charged if the employee does not consent to the release of the report. The OH practitioner will wait 15 minutes for all appointments, and if the employee does not attend in that time, the consultation will be cancelled and the full fee will also apply.
- Travelling expenses are charged at 45p per mile, or actual costs incurred of public transport and parking costs, where agreed in advance with the client.
- Unless otherwise stated, reports will usually be completed within 3 working days.
- For certain cases it may be necessary to obtain a GP or specialist report. In these cases, it will be agreed with the client beforehand. The cost of the report will be met directly by the client, even if the employee does not consent to it’s release, and it will be requested that the invoice be sent directly to the client, but the report to be sent directly to Occupational Health Services Ltd.
- If any particular case is extremely complex and/or takes a significantly longer amount of time to assess and write the report than would usually be expected, an additional charge may need to be made. This will be discussed with the client in advance where appropriate, or once the employee has been assessed.
- OHS will provide appropriate reports to clients which will include statements of fitness, recommendations, and advice which takes into account relevant legislation. It is the client’s responsibility to decide what actions to take based on the OH recommendations. Where health surveillance is required, the client is required to report cases of certain diseases which are linked with specific work activities under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 1995.
- For sessional or adhoc work, an invoice will be sent to the client on completion of the work carried out. For regular/contract work, an invoice will be submitted to the client at the end of each weekly period. We accept payment in the form of Cheques (payable to Occupational Health Services Ltd) and by BACs/electronic banking system to the account details as provided on the invoice. BACS is the preferred method of payment.
- Our terms of payment are 30 days from date of invoice. Invoices outstanding after that time may be subject to a 10% surcharge.
- The client shall not, within 12 months of receiving any services from OHS, employ directly or utilise the services of any employee or contractor of OHS with whom it has come into contact as a result of engaging OHS to carry out services.
- We will always endeavour to offer the best service possible, however, if you experience any problems with the service provided, please contact us immediately so that it can be rectified. If the issue is not resolved, the OHS complaints procedure will be followed.